iRobot is a Massachusetts based company known for developing cutting-edge home robots. These advanced home robots have transformed the way people clean. Roomba vacuum cleaning robot, which the company’s flagship is arguably the most advanced and sophisticated cleaning device available today. This specially designed robotic vacuum cleaner can be programmed to clean the entire premises day after day with minimum to no human intervention.
The ability of Roomba vacuum cleaner to automatically adjust to the surroundings in which it is being used and offer flawless cleaning makes it the perfect choice for the customers. To enhance the capabilities of this vacuum cleaner, iRobot has incorporated a wide range of features such as vSLAM Technology, Imprint Technology, Automatic Dirt Disposal, and Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes.
iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner robot is a smart device, which quickly acclimatizes with the surroundings and ensures proper cleaning of every nook and cranny of the house. However, it will also be able to detect empty areas like stairs so as not to fall. In short, such equipment offers only advantages that will delight you and once you begin to use the device and identify its effectiveness, you will no longer be able to think about cleaning your house without it.
iRobot has launched five Roomba vacuum robots, with each one offering a new thing to the users. Here are the details of five iRobot Roomba Vacuum Cleaners.
Roomba S Series Vacuum Cleaner
- Designed to do more, the S series vacuum cleaner quickly familiarizes itself with the surroundings of your house in order to deliver the comprehensive cleaning.
- The inclusion of PerfectEdge technology allows the unit to clean dirt and debris from edges and corners easily.
- The vacuum cleaner is efficient in sucking up pollen and mold allergens, thus providing clean and safe air for you to breathe.
- The smart unit knows what’s cleaned and what’s needed to be cleaned.
Roomba i Series
- With this vacuum cleaner, you can forget about vacuum cleaning your house for weeks, as it does that for you along with transferring the dirt and debris into the clean base, courtesy of automatic dirt disposal.
- The inclusion of Imprint Technology allows the unit to create a map of the unit in order to deliver fast and reliable cleaning.
- The vacuum cleaner is also efficient in picking up the pet’s hair, pollen, mold, dust mite, and whatnot.
- The key to its efficient cleaning lies in the dual multi-surface rubber brushes, which are apt in cleaning different types of surfaces in a flawless manner.
Roomba 900 Series
- A smart vacuum cleaner that knows what part of the house is cleaned and what is not.
- The inclusion of dual multi-surface rubber brushes makes cleaning a breeze.
- The vacuum cleaner features a 3-stage cleaning system efficiently removes all kinds of waste material from the floor and carpets flawlessly.
- The unit can be controlled via a mobile device, courtesy of Roomba application.
Roomba e Series
- Proficient in cleaning dirt, debris, mold, dust-mite and even pet hair easily.
- Dual multi-surface rubber brushes ensure fast, efficient and reliable cleaning of different types of surfaces.
- The unit features Dirt Detect sensors, which alerts the device about the dirtier areas of the house.
- The dustbin can be rinsed under tap water.
Romba 600 Series
- The teamwork of two efficient brushes creates magic on the floor, as the unit is able to clean all types of surfaces easily.
- With a 3-stage cleaning system coming into work, there is no place for dirt and dust to hide.
- The device is auto-adjustable, so just turn on the device and see it cleaning your house without your intervention.
- This vacuum cleaner will sense and eliminate dirt in a more effective manner than any robot vacuum cleaner available on the market.
iRobot has quite a few Roomba vacuums, but the models coming with an ability to connect to the Wi-Fi are the most convenient ones. You with the help of your phone can start or schedule cleaning jobs easily. If you are not able to find Roomba, then just ring it and the device will show its position to you over phone. With the ability to connect with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, Roomba is certainly the perfect example of how the advanced vacuum cleaners should look and work like.
How To Perform Roomba Setup
- The setup process begins with downloading iRobot Home app for Android or iOS. Launch the app on your phone and choose the country and your preferred language. Then, tap ‘Accept Terms’.
- Create an account on Roomba, or if you already have one, then log in with your login details.
- Select the type of device that you are using on the next screen. If it is any modem of robot vacuum cleaner, then select ‘Roomba’. After that, you need to tap ‘Set up a new Roomba’ option.
- Now, the app is going to walk you through the basic steps regarding device setup. Once that is done, you need to find the docking station that came along with Roomba and plug it into the wall. Place the station flush against the wall, but at a place where it easily connects with Roomba. Moreover, the path to the station should be clear for Roomba.
- It’s time to take off any wrapping or plastic tabs done over Roomba.
- Set your Roomba on the docking station so that it can charge. It will take a few hours for the device to get charged enough to carry out its first run. By the time Roomba charges, you can move on with the setup process on your phone.
- Using the app, connect your Roomba vacuum cleaner to the Wi-Fi network that your smartphone is connected to. If you are not on your home Wi-Fi network, then make sure to connect to it before continuing with any further process.
- Tap ‘Continue’ and as you do so, you will have to enter the password to your Wi-Fi network on the next screen followed by tapping ‘Continue’.
- On the Roomba, tap and hold the buttons with target and home icon until you hear a tone coming out from Roomba. It will take a second or two for Roomba to connect to the Wi-Fi network. Once it is done, you will see a screen with the ‘Success’ message.
- You can give your Roomba vacuum cleaner a name and you can even confirm its birthday.
- You will now see a small introductory video after which, you will be taken into the main screen of the app. You can tap the ‘Clean’ button to begin with the cleaning job, but keep in mind that the vacuum is charged before you start the cleaning process. To schedule daily cleaning, you can tap the middle button given along the bottom of the screen.
Your Roomba is set up now and ready to clean your entire house without your intervention. It will automatically begin every day as per the schedule and clean all the rooms efficiently.
With Roomba in your house, you don’t have to worry about cleaning ever again. Being considered as a perfect cleaning device by many, it is important for everybody to know that Roomba has its own set of problems, which may appear from time to time. Here is the list of some of the most common problems arising in Roomba.
- Roomba Won't Dock
- Roomba Won't Turn On
- How to Reset Roomba
- Roomba Not Cleaning Properly
- Roomba not turning on
- Roomba not working despite being fully charged
- Roomba Charging Error 1 or Battery Connection
- Roomba Error 2 or Clogged Brushes
- Roomba Error 3 or Stalling
- Roomba Error 5 or Charging Problem
- Roomba Error 6 or Dirty Sensors
- Roomba Error 9 or Dirty Bumpers
- Roomba Error 10 or Dirty Wheels
- Roomba Error 17 or Geographical Difficulty
- Roomba won't charge at all
- Unable to change settings in Roomba app
- Unable to update Roomba app
- Roomba battery not lasting long enough
All these problems may cause hindrance in the working of Roomba vacuum cleaner, but these problems can be easily fixed if the right assistance is taken from the right source. You can consult Roomba help and support facility for the solution to any of the aforementioned problems or the problem that is not mentioned on the list. Experts will understand your issue(s) and deliver prompt and reliable response, which will definitely resolve the issue(s) that you are facing in your Roomba vacuum.